Website hosting is which connects a website to the internet so that customers or internet surfers will be able to access your website for business or profits. The computer that works as a server or service provider just hosts the websites and it has to be very fast to ensure that surfers can access your website at any time. It will also have thousands of websites being hosted at the same and different spaces being allotted for the different websites on the page. As a result, while choosing a webservice provider, you will need to check the service provider and assess everything you can before you finally choose the service provider. To help you out, weve created as short guide that should prove helpful.
Types of web servers: free vs. paid
• Free hosts are ideal for small business owners who cannot afford to pay for a professional service. However, you should know that free services mean that you get limited features with the server services. You will have to deal with ads on every page, unreliable service, unlimited downtime, unexpected breakdowns and very little extra features.
Paid internet hosts are much better. With a paid hosting service, you will be able get a range of useful features for a monthly or a yearly fee.
• You can also choose from shared hosting services, which are cheaper than dedicated hosting. You pay a monthly fee and get a share of space on a server. You will get a small amount of disk space and a little bandwidth more than free carriers.
• For a slightly more expenditure, you will get something called as dedicated services which are a full server dedicated to your website. This is very good for image and content heavy websites but dedicated servers are limited to websites that do a large quantify of traffic and business every day like Ecommerce or shopping websites with a large amount of traffic.
• Dedicated servers cost about $100 per month as compared to shared servers which is about $2 to about $20 per month.
• Colocated servers are also good if you own the server. Your server will be hosted on a datacenter and it will then connected to the internet. This is actually cheaper but you do have to pay a maintenance fee.
You should know that almost every internet connecter service offers a range of packages and deals that you can choose from to ensure that your website is up and running.
Determining your needs
Web pages are usually very small and they are usually about 40 KB to about 50 KB per page. This means that a single page can take up a lot of information. If you have a lot of information like videos and photos, then you can consider having a website with 20 MB or more of space. Bandwidth is also important and it refers to the amount of data that is transferred from the web server to your browser. The amount of bandwidth you use is usually related to the daily traffic or visitors who come to your website. We recommend that about 3 GB or less of bandwidth is more than enough for an average site.
Finding the right web connection plan to buy
There are many web directories online and they all offer a range of wonderful features. Make sure you compare rates and features along with accessories before you choose. Companies do tend to promise the earth but unless you know what you are getting into, there is a very good chance that you are being cheated. Check online reviews, customers comments and even the BBB to find out how each company works and the benefits and disadvantages of each. We recommend you read everything but make an informed decision on how to proceed. You can check out our reviews from Tree Service Birmingham Alabama. They have been using us for years and are very excited about our hosting products.
Now that you know a little bit about hosting providers, you can finally make an informed decision. You should know that there are several great companies online and everyone offers a range of unique features to choose.